September 01, 2014
The bathroom is where we get away and do things for oursleves. We relax, enjoy a hot bath or shower, apply the special creams and give ourselves a good once over.
1. Plan: yes we always start with planning. Why not take some quiet time and have a look at your current bathroom. Look at where everything is located, how much space you have, what your current famiy requirements are, what future requirements are. Consider the current faults with yuor bathroom and what ideally you would like.
How do the doors operate; are they on hinges or can they slide?
2. Water & Electricity: like the kitchen the bathroom combines both electricity and water in the one room. Remember if you plan to move your current bath, shower or vanity then you will have plumbing and drainage considerations.
With electricity consider lighting and heating and power points. Consider where they currently are and where they could be moved to.
3. Storage: yes storage how and where will you store your toiletries, creams, cosmetics, towels, toilet paper and other items. Look to see if you can put shelving in different locations, ie back of doors, above doors, above the toilet. can you use portable or mavable storage underneath your vanity.
Will you use racks or hooks for your towels, can you use the back of doors, can you use the back of cupboard doors.
4. Structural: With a bathroom renovation you may consider the removal of tiles. Look at what this involves and how much work is required. If you are going to do tiling if you will go from floor to ceiling or just do half a wall. With so many different styles and colours available today you can make the bathroom very distinguishable and a great place to get away and relax.
Don't forget waterproofing and if it is required.
5. Lighting: We will include lighting, ventilation and space in this one area. What lighting will you have especially with your vanity. You will need some nice lighting for applying cosmetics and shaving.
Think about if you can include natural lighting through a window or something else. If you can have a window then maybe it can be opened in a secure manner to allow for adequate ventilation for when there is heat and moisture in the bathroom.
There is also the question of mirrors. A mirror can give a sense of space. There are some mirrors which have a magnifying section which is great when applying make-up or shaving.
Have a great week and talk soon.....
Comments will be approved before showing up.
August 15, 2017
August 04, 2017
There are a number of mistakes everyone makes when designing or decorating their interiors.
When you want to design the interior of your home you need to understand colour, lighting, room size, scale and placement.
Here are the top 20 mistakes people make when decorating their home.
July 27, 2017
When selling your home you want to do a much as you possibly can so that prospective buyers see your home in the best possible light.
Here are 16 tips to help present your home in the best light